Sunday, December 5, 2010

Animated Bokeh


One of my Motion Graphics assignments is to create a piece that interacts with music.
I decided to use bokeh effects from my 85mm 1.4. Each frame was shot on automated intervals depending on how fast the scene was to be played out; all the jpegs were imported as image sequences into Adobe After Effects. While the camera shot at quick intervals, e.g. 3 frames per every 1 second, I controlled the elements on the set, grabbing lights, water control, and focus rack. I shot about 4000 frames of which 2500 got chosen into the piece. Towards the end of the piece, I used this technique to create the N & E letters.

*details later*

2 comments:

Doyen said...

Impressive work, Long. Nicely done. I loved the pear tree and the colored lights.

John Q said...

Nice, I enjoyed watching this in our class specially the N and E part.