Sunday, November 15, 2009

Creating a blog roll/ portfolio roll

In an attempt to better manage contact lists of everyone's websites and/or blogs, I'm going to pin a list to the side of utdphoto.com containing hyperlinks to everyone's sites. If you want your site/blog featured, leave a comment with your link(s).

I'm finding a way to better pass out everyone's photos to models who participated in our photo shoots. Usually, volunteer models who model for us contact me through my email. What I want is a more efficient way to share your images to those models. A better way to Deliver your Product. Sharing our images is important because we have a hard time getting volunteer models if we don't promise them images in return.

I will share my work flow. After a photo shoot, I typically head over the ATEC building and use their computers which have built in card readers and ultra upload speeds. I upload my images (I shoot JPEG) immediately to my site so those models (who I photographed) may see them right away. In some instances, a model, or member from a group shot, asks for photos from a particular photographer. I let them know when a respective photographer's website is updated with their photos.

How many photos?
This is your professionalism coming into play. You, the photographer of that model, must decide how many photos you want to deliver in order to send satisfaction to that model. The bottom line is to deliver images. We don't make promises that they will be fantastic or great but we do commit to sending something at least. We make contracts whether you know it or not. We make the informal, oral type of contract. We promise photos in return for a model's time. Fulfilling that contract is up to you.

On a side note, only twice in my experience has a model asked me to remove their photos off my website. This is fine, we appreciate their volunteering but if anyone asks to take a photo down, take it down.

Some of you may have gotten referrals for job offers or gigs from some kind of intelligent being from the nonphysical realm. Hmm. I think it's because utdphoto is doing a pretty good job, or more likely, some of you are doing an outstanding job so much that someone wants work from you.

2 comments:

Cara said...

Sounds good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23650315@N07/

Anonymous said...

Felicito, me parece esto el pensamiento excelente

On Line Cheap AMOXIL
Cheaonline Buy AMOXIL