Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wednesday Shoot

266/365 - September 23, 2009 - Kelly

First off thank you to all the photographers and models that came out today! I think we had something like 20+ people which was great. Look for more posts to follow in the coming days of from other photographers and their shots. Here are my shots.

Here we all are setting up for our first outdoor location.

_DSC9598

_DSC9601

First up we have Kelly (top picture) who was gracious enough to model for us. I'm really glad I lugged my 70-200mm F/2.8 around all day, it was well worth it! As you can see with a longer lens and wider aperture, you can achieve some real separation of your subject from the background, especially outdoors. Most of the following were shot with 3 flashes. Two in front and one behind the tree for rim lighting. The flashes varied in power from 1/4 - 1/16 power.


_DSC9606


_DSC9613-Edit
200mm - F/4 - 1/160

_DSC9621-Edit-Edit _DSC9621-Edit-Edit-2
130mm - f/5.6 - 1/160

_DSC9624-Edit
200mm - f/4 - 1/160

_DSC9626-Edit-2
Black and white of the top picture.
110mm - f/3.5 - 1/160



Next, we moved out to the large area in between Johnson and Green for our next location, a concrete jungle. Thanks to Hubert, we realized that at this point, we had more than 6 flashes and enough trigger/receivers that we could run two setups at the same time. So Mark, Hubert, Alex, Dan, and I split up for same crazy poverty wizard (ebay triggers) triggering with three flashes. Results are below. Also below are some off the wall, jump shots and some kicks. (I'd love to see what other people got too).

_DSC9634
Let's see how close we can get the flash to Alex's face without burning him. Mark has the pictures!

_DSC9641
Where's Jessica off to in such a hurry?

Sirak
Sirak

_DSC9658
They look weightless.

_DSC9665
Mark, you're in the way! (Happy Birthday Cuong!)

utdtv
Also look for us on an upcoming UTD TV episode.

I must say, you two (Alex and Jessica) have some crazy moves!

_DSC9675
Alex

_DSC9680
Jessica, that doesn't even look physically possible.

Please C&C (comment and critique) in the comments below! I'd love to hear your thoughts.



Happy shooting, see you all next week, same time same place! Don't forget to bring your friends)!
Ryan

5 comments:

Cuong C. said...

Thanks Ryan, I appreciated it. Pictures are great, with your darn huge ass telescope >=[ grrr

Long N. said...

matrix....
Ryan, those shots look great. You did a great job hiding the campus in the park shots. Watch out for cropping the head (maybe my umbrella got in the way).

Ryan said...

Thanks

Yeah I noticed my crops were a little too tight, and they got tighter after I straightened them out a little. I'll watch my composition for next time. (head space and distracting massive trees).

Cara said...

Haha the wall jumps were my favorite! In future photo shoots I vote for more action shots! :)

Jess said...

Great Shots Ryan! I love the one of me kicking :-) I'll be posting some of my pics when I get back to my apartment tomorrow. I vote for more action shots to :-)!