Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My First Post

I was invited to a photo shoot last Thursday by Long and had a chance to take a crack at some black and white photography. It was a bit of a departure from the norm for me since I usually shoot in color, but our model Julian had a lot of great facial features that, surprisingly, looked even better in B&W. Check him out, here's Julian.

We began began with his eye glasses on.


Then removed them and discovered these great contours around his eyes and cheeks. In addition to the strobe used to highlight the right hand side of his face, we also tried to reveal more of his left hand side (and more of those great contours) by filling it in with a second strobe.


Long also took a quick shot of Julian with my camera under a same exposure but in a different pose. Very dashing.


For my first shot at B&W photography, I'd say it went pretty well. Many thanks to Julian and his infinite patience.

Doug Kim

No comments: