Wednesday, September 10, 2008

RadioPopper Jr. - Get ready for Pre-Orders

Those RP Jr's will do everything the Pocket Wizards do except for remote camera triggering. This is really big news and my guess is that in less than two weeks, they will offer pre-orders.
Doug... Hubert, I've mentioned these units to you guys almost every time we met and you know how valuable they are to wireless flash photography.
I am going to order a set for myself to write a comparison review with the PW.

I hold my thesis, devaluing of photography occurs at expense of free knowledge, to remain intact and thus not explain into detail valuable techniques/methods on this internet medium. But, the utdphoto site has not yet reached the critical public audience so I will shortly state out my method for those UTD students aspiring to improve their photography. One of my methods is this: off camera lighting makes your photos look better. The differing gap between those who use off-axis flash and on-axis flash exist not because of their skill but are restricted by personal budget. Enter pocket-emptying Pocket Wizards; the one* device that stops many of us from exploring off-axis lighting. The cost of one PW is equivalent to a light stand, light modifier, flash adapter, and flash unit. One can imagine how quickly the expense builds up after buying a minimum of two PWs. With the introduction of RP Jr., wireless flash photography can be affordable. So affordable that once you dive into off-camera lighting, the concept will change the way you buy camera bodies and lenses for the better, not to mention your photos too.

* There are actually two U.S. companies to date that produce wireless flash remotes. Pocket Wizard and Cybersync. Approx. $190/unit and $70/unit respectively.

No comments: