Monday, September 15, 2008

Another shootout Thursday the 18th

1 PM on campus and will last about 45 minutes. Location will be by the outdoor water fountain. This shoot will be it's first in ~80 degree weather. All the other shoots were in hot, uncomfortable climate but as fall kicks in we should have more fun doing this.
Usual stuff though it has become apparent that I need helpers caring my full lighting gear, if I do decide to bring the entire set. Send questions to lpn071000@utdallas.edu or call 214 718 2387
If you have ideas on how to light a subject, let me know and I would like to help out. I have four reliable, portable lights for us to use and a full assortment of Rosco gels to colorize the lights.


1/15 8 ISO 100
gelled flash onto white background

I think that like painting, drawing, or creating any kind of artwork, it helps greatly to visualize the final image. Get a feel for the quality of light you want and figure out a way to obtain it. Also apply the design principles and elements. After visualization, all that needs to be is to get the right pose (if working with a model) or tweak the objects within the frame (if working with inanimate objects). Leave all the technical things out of the way because you would have already solved those in your visualization.

BTW, nice post and thanks for sharing, Hubert.

No comments: